Monday 23 December 2013

M for Monogram

When Lisa told me bout this i was like 'fur real?' (for real) cause i head we were gonna' spray it on.... i mean there was the option of pasting it with paint but you know me right? 'if i can spray it imma spray it'

i already knew what a monogram was but i still feel like it worth researching it.. just so i can get a better idea of it...

basically its a form of typography that uses only our initials..well you can go outside the box and add a few minor things like numbers and shapes but for it to be a monogram the initials have to stand out more... i went online a got a few ideas and inspiration for it..





so here a a few basic monogram... it can be cursive or block letter but they all have it suited for the products they sell...

and i had a long about what mine was gonna' be and i wasn't sure.. it took me so long to figure this out...so i drew up a few ideas...

since mine was ff it wasn't that difficult to come up with ideas...

but i still had a long way to go aside all this... i dint think that it was just about the monogram... miss Lisa explained its more than just that... i understood from what she said that color scheme played a great deal to... i borrowed some book for my further research...

after all the researh about colour i said to my self... 'why worry about the colour? why not make a monogram that can induce any sprayed on to it... 

after thinking of this i thought long and hard on what my monogram was gonna be...


here are some more trials with a few numbers added...




why 313??
it wasn't just numbers i saw in a movie or some rap crew i heard about.. it was way more... it was an inspiration.. 313 was a crew Eminem worked with, it all began for him there.. the supported him when all everyone else did was doubt... 313 was the number i wanted to carry... cause it died out in the early 2000's and nowadays is almost forgotten... but it ain't forgotten by me! it what got me through the days of high school from when i was bullied... to me their heroes.. and my monogram is a tribute to them...

but this was just the start to my monograms... i finally now know what my label was for... see i was stuck not knowing how to do this... i mean to create something for nothing.. then i gave myself a goal... i told myself i would name the company i built 313 Graffiti... and its no just for this assignment that im doing this but also myself... someday you all will see 313 Graffiti on your clothing, cars, phone casings and many more and you all will know where it started... and oh... did i mention that its a spraycan??



and after all this i finally got around to it... i had to present 6 items with my monogram on it.... as for the colour scheme... ive thoght enough about it.. if its a spray can... anycolour can suit it...





No comments:

Post a Comment